Saturday, July 3, 2010

Someone really important in my life found out today that he has a brain tumor. It's benign and that's such a relief, but I can't shake this feeling of terror, this thought of losing someone else. And then, I can't shake the guilt that's a product of that feeling; it's so selfish of me. But I'm not the only person that would be missing out, if anything happened to him. He's going to do great things. He's the smartest person I know, as well as one of the kindest. I hate to imagine a world without him.

3 comments:

  1. Thank god it's benign. I can't stop thinking about him. Do you think he'd mind if I made him a card?

    Don't worry, it's not selfish to feel terrified. If anything, I think it shows how much you care about a person, which is anything but selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think reading this and realizing that it's not just a gland affected, but a /brain tumor/... Kind of just... makes the blow a little harder.

    I just hope the meds work and they don't have to operate... Funny thing, I was watching House today and Hugh Laurie reminded me of him. Or vice versa. I think maybe it's the intelligent wit. <3

    ReplyDelete