Friday, October 1, 2010

A lot of people say that we would be good together, but this is EXACTLY why I could never be with you. We disagree on so many subjects, and that's just fine; we're not the same person. But whenever I do something or say something that you disagree with, you berate me, offend me, belittle me in so many ways. I doubt you even know that you do it-- you get into this... this rant mode. I hate it. Why can't you accept that not everyone in this world agrees with you?

Now you're being nice again, and I feel horrible for being angry. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I really hate it when people can't see that other people believe in different things, and that there isn't a "right" view to the world. Granted, I believe that my approach to things is more logical, but... I don't try to rule others out immediately, because that's silly. Better ideas come from synthesis.

    I wish all people knew this. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all like this in some shape or form. Sometimes you do the same thing and you just don't realize it. You are a wonderful person but sometimes I feel so completely... worthless. Though you don't necessarily berate or offend me in ways with your perceptions, it's what you say and how you say it that seems to rub me the wrong way. And I just brush it off, because I know that's just you. And I refuse to change how you are.

    And so it's the same with him. Let him be... stubborn, but you don't have to agree with it or stand for it.

    Everyone is like this in some shape or form, but we all must just let it be.

    ReplyDelete