Sunday, February 13, 2011

"The last defender of the sprawl
Said, 'well where do you kids live?'
Well sir, if you only knew
what the answer is worth...
Been searching every corner
of the earth"

'Home' is most certainly not just a place (think Edward Sharpe- "Home is whenever I'm with you"). She felt like home. Today, she would be twenty. We would find some way to celebrate together, although we're apart. I tried to do the same today; an old mutual friend and I went to some places we used to love. An old bridge by Pond Creek... It's dilapidated and only a frame now, without a deck. It could be a beautiful place, though. It looks so much smaller than it used to seem. I guess that's what everything will be like, as I grow older. So surreal, as always.

I miss you, Melanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment